Monday, January 4, 2021

JDS - It's a Girl!

Hi my crafty friends,

Today's DT Card was quite easy to do. Once again, I used an image from Jan's Digi Stamp Shop and this time I choose the Birthday Bear stamp.


It's a Girl


As you can see, although the stamp was made for a Birthday Card, I was able to use it for a different occasion. Don't be afraid to stretch your stamps and use them in ways that they were not intended to be. Since I do not celebrate any Holidays, I am getting quite an expert at finding ways to use Holiday Stamp Sets in a Non-Holiday way. You just need a bit of imagination.

To create this card, I first printed the Stars on a 4 x 5 1/4 Accent Opaque 80 lb Cardstock and used my Blender Brush to slightly ink here and there some Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry. I then printed and colored my Stars with Copic Markers and added a touch of Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen to give it some Shine.

Purple Star: V09, V06

Pink Star: RV66, RV14

I then proceeded to print a few Balloons and inked them with a Blender Brush with a mix of Distress Oxide in Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry. To add some shine, I also added a touch of Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen all over my Balloons.

The Bear was also printed on a  4 x 5 1/4 Accent Opaque 80 lb Cardstock and I colored it with the following Copic Markers:

Fur: E43, E41, E40, R20

Bow: RV66, RV14, RV11

I then Die-cut the word Girl, colored them with Copic V09 and V06. Each letter were stacked twice and of course, to add shine I added a touch of Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen.

I used a Circle Die to create the hole on the Star Panel so that the Bear would show through once glued behind. To frame the window, I created a frame using that same die and one slightly bigger. The frame was stacked twice.

I then glued everything together and stacked my first two panels on a slightly bigger one (4 1/8 x 5 3/8) which I had inked the borders with my Copic Marker V09. My card was then mounted on a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 side folded Card base using Accent Opaque 100 lb Cardstock.

Now my final step should have been adding Glossy Accent to my Letters, Stars and Balloons and everything would have been perfect but since I never do things right, of course I jumped the gun and added the Glossy Accent BEFORE gluing my panels. Of course, when I tried to glue everything together, it was not completely dry and the Balloons got all messed up. I will fix it later by redoing the Balloons and gluing them on top of the original ones and only then will I add my Glossy Accent.

Here is another look


I invite you to head over to Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the team created and to enter your wonderful creation in the Challenge. Please remember that you can enter up to 5 times per Challenge. All the details are on the Challenge Site.

I also invite you to visit the Jan's Digital Stamp Shop to check out her new sets for the Month of January and to see what is currently on sale!

Be sure to follow Jan's Website so you get notified when she releases a freebie or announces a new sale!

Thanks for stopping by today and stay safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment