Sunday, July 19, 2020

JDS - Wild Flower Blossom

Hello my crafty friends, this is Mel Sanz from In a Crafty Mood!

Today’s card showcases another lovely stamp from Jan’s Digi Stamps called Wild Flower Blossoms. This wonderful digital set comes with both b/w and pre-colored images along with several sentiments like “Happiness blooms from within” and “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow” just to mention a few.


Wild Flower Blossom Card




When I first saw this stamp I automatically knew that I wanted the outline of the flower in White which normally I would have Stamped with Versamark and Heat Embossed with White Embossing Powder but in this case, since the image is digital, I could not do that. Instead, I sized and printed the image on copy paper and placed a piece of Lawnfawn Vellum Paper on top. Since it’s see through, I was then able to trace the image with my Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen which was perfect.

I then colored my image with Copic Markers : 

Purple Flower – V09, V06, V04
Blue Flower – BG18, BG13, BG11
Center of Flowers – Y18
Stems – YG95, YG93, YG03

As always, I could not resist adding some sparkle so all the petals are covered with a thin layer of Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen.

I then cut the Vellum and glued it to a 3/4 x 4 Lawn Fawn No. 2 Pencil  Cardstock from the "Schoolyard" collection  which I had previously inked with “Candied Apple” Distress Oxide to make it stand out a little more.

To add some interest to the card, I wanted to add a pop of color so I created my own “Pattern Paper” background by drawing some white leaves with my gel pen on a piece of 3 3/4 x 5 Hero Hues Premium Cardstock in Lapis Color. Each leaf were then colored with YG95 and YG93. To add a nice finishing touch, more Glitter to the leaves was needed and of course some "Blue Print Sketch" Distress Oxides for the sides.

This beautiful background was then mounted on a 4 x 5 panel which was again made from the same "No. 2 Pencil" Cardstock. As always, the sides were inked with some "Candied Apple" Distress Oxide.

As usual, to make my layers pop, I added dimensions behind each panel by inking the sides of some scrap pieces of cardstock to match the color. I love this technique better than using fun foam or foam tape as it reuses cardstock that would otherwise have gone to the trash.

I then glued the entire card on a 4 ¼ x 5 ½ top folding white Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardbase. Since a sentiment would have covered the pretty flowers, I decided to leave the card as is.

And this completes this lovely and colorful card.


Here is a closer look of the flowers






If you want more inspiration, feel free to pop over to the Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the team made. I am sure that you will find something that you will like.

I would really love to see what creative things YOU have been up to! Which is why I invite you to join us at Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge where its always Anything Goes. What I mean by that is that you can participate with absolutely anything…Cards, Scrapbooking, Papercrafting, Sewing, Jewelry, Sculpture, Baking, you name it! If you made it we want to see it!

Please submit a picture of your creation and see if you will be one of the lucky winners this month! We have two draws per month:

1 for entries using a JDS set, and another random draw from all the entries. This means that if you use JDS images in your entry, you have 2 chances to win!


Don’t forget, you need to be a follower in order to qualify to win!

https://jansdigistampschallenges.blogspot.com/



 Thanks for coming by today, enjoy your summer and stay safe!

9 comments:

  1. your flowers look stunning against the peach tones in the background a great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Mel, those flowers are stunning.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, can't go wrong with that stamp

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much for explaining what you did! Your card is stunning, Mel! 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, I am new at this blog thing so I am not used to do that explanation part haha. I hope it was nit too long

      Delete
  4. Lovely card, thank you for the explanation on how you made it. I wish more people would do that.
    Thank you for your comment on my blog. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear new friend, I am new to blogs, not sure how to explain without writing a book haha but it was so much fun to create that I had to share.

      Delete